mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict - Arbinger Institute Writing Style: 1-2 starsConcepts: 3-4 starsA non fiction novel, full of fictional cardboard prop people, an index, ten times as many pages of endorsements than required (none or one would have been more than sufficient, rather than the several at the front and back), dropped and blatantly abandoned plot points all with the sole purpose to pontificate on philosophical diatribe. If you're going to use fictional characters and scenarios, please do me the courtesy of providing depth, breadth and some closure with respect to their lives. I realize life is not neat and tidy, but it's also not full of black holes and blank pages. Aside from my issues with the writing, I appreciate the insights presented in this book. Hearts at war, justification, collusion, self-deception and paths to hearts at peace, including action items and next steps. I experienced no epiphanies, however, as all these concepts are readily and easily understood and applied through the Golden Rule and Fruits of the Spirit (See Luke 10:27 and Galatians 5:22-23). I found myself comparing this novel to The Shack, which delivered its message more effectively. A handful of convenient shallow people forced to attend a seminar where all the dialogue (questions and answers and supporting stories) presents (repetitively and remedially) some philosophical idea wears thin as literary technique.