mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley, Maurice Hindle I don't know what I was expecting to find but it definitely was different than all my preconceptions. I had some trouble, at times, staying tuned into the story. Mary Shelley's prose was first person, but often second or third hand (one person telling another person's story who was then telling yet another story). At times, I had to stop and remember what "I" was actually telling the story at that particular time. Nevertheless, it did make for compelling reading at times. I did not relate to any of the characters probably because none of them had any redeeming qualities. Victor Frankenstein was arrogant and thought he could play God by "creating" a creature from bits and pieces of the dead and revived via lightning. The creature had every opportunity to learn right and wrong and appeared to have done so, but let revenge and self-pity rule his actions. The havoc these two cause to those around them is shocking and inexcusable. I read the Project Gutenberg ebook version of this novel obtained via this URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/84