mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
The Winds of Marble Arch and Other Stories - Connie Willis 3.17 stars to be exact. For mini-reviews of all the short stories, please see the comments associated with my status updates. My six favorite stories were: The Blued Moon - This was laugh out loud hilarious. It reminded me of my favorite episode of Fawlty Towers. A Letter from the Clearys - Post-apocalyptic stressed out family with a non-barking dog making do on the slopes of the Peak. The Last of the Winnebagos - Good mystery and interesting alternate future with a Gestapo-like Humane Society.And a tie between three Christmas stories: Just Like The Ones We Used To Know - Everyone's dreaming of a white Christmas ... and sometimes dreams do come true.Epiphany - The Epiphany story retold. Charming.Inn - Nativity lost in the time-space continuum.Some of the short stories are depressing and struck a nerve with me as a woman. If that was her intent, then she succeeded. Overall, I liked the collection of short stories. An eclectic collection to appeal to almost any taste and genre.