mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
Fatal Voyage  - Kathy Reichs My husband is a fan of the television show "Bones" and I inevitably end up watching the series with him. I occasionally roll my eyes at the unlikely social ineptitude and maturity level of these "scientists" but it's fun to watch. Oddly, my least favorite character is Temperance Brennan, while my favorite is Boothe. Go figure. :)Back in November, with the prospect of a ten hour road trip to Texas looming over me, I dashed to the library in the lobby of my employer's building and was reduced to borrowing crime/mystery audio books. The pickings were very slim (i.e. nonexistent) for fantasy or science fiction. Since I sort of liked the show Bones and my husband would be in the car with me to Texas, I selected three of Reichs' Temperance Brennan novels. We listened to two of the five CDs on the way south, but didn't bother after that. I finally dug out the CDs this weekend and forced myself to finish the other three CDs while baking bread, making cookies and crocheting - activities that preclude me from a traditional reading environment. Neither my husband nor I cared for the narrator. Her repertoire of Southern accents seemed limited to one, which became annoying quickly. The mystery seemed to center around a plane crash in or near the Smokey Mountains but quickly degraded to something more sinister. I won't give away the twist, but I had my suspicions early on and was confirmed, unfortunately, in the nature of the crime.