mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
Ships of Merior - Janny Wurts Arithon apprenticed six years with the Master Bard Halliron. Six years of respite in the War of Light and Shadow forced upon him and his half-brother by the Mistwraith's curse. Circumstances surrounding Dakar's antics converge and conspire against Arithon's studies. The conflagration that resolves the dilemma left me bereft. I struggled to feel compassion for Lysaer, whose rigid adherence to royal justice borders on the inhumane. To an outside observer, it appears obvious his motivations and actions are influenced if not outright controlled by the Mistwraith's curse. His ignorance and lack of magical instruction and discipline play right into the plans of the Mistwraith. I look forward to continuing this epic fantasy tale in the second volume of The Ships of Merior in the very near future.