mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
The Thirty-Nine Steps  - John Buchan, John Keegan 3.5 starsFor once, I liked the movie much much better than the book. Perhaps, because the movie bears little resemblance to John Buchan's classic spy novel. The movie I'm referring to is the recent Masterpiece Theatre airing of The 39 Steps on PBS. Now I'll have to watch all the other versions, including Hitchcock's rendition. Taken on it's own merits, the story moved quickly and convincingly, at least until the end. I found it hard to swallow the fact that Hannay didn't recognize the 'bad guys' while playing bridge with them for an hour. Perhaps I'm blessed because I do have a photographic memory and can usually identify someone, regardless of hair color, change in facial hair or even change in eye color. Mannerism, as noted finally by Hannay, reveal the true person behind the mask.