mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
The Red Wolf Conspiracy (Chathrand Voyages, #1) - Robert V.S. Redick 3.5-3.75 starsAlthough I didn't come to love many or any one character in this tale, I thoroughly enjoyed the story, the world building, the creatures and Pazel's gift of languages. While epic in scope, I wasn't sickened by the political intrigue and appreciated the efforts of the counter conspiracy. Most of the action takes place on the high seas and there are some pirates, but not in the traditional sense. Following the exploits of Pazel as a 'tarboy' made the sailing jargon more palatable. Strangely, this adventure reminded me of a space opera in scope, plot and characterization. I plan to read the next novel, conveniently available now after it's recent release in February 2010.