mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd (Leatherette Bound) - Agatha Christie I almost gave this book three stars (or less) because of the ending. I was disgusted with Agatha Christie's cleverness. Up until the last couple of chapters, she strung me along, had me guessing, had me re-reading previous chapters to double-check facts. And them BAM! the last couple of chapters just made me cringe. I won't spoil the ending or what frustrated me so thoroughly. All the characters were vividly drawn and enthralling. The plot and storytelling delivered page-turning fervor and middle-of-the-night marathons. The mystery ... I can't comment on without spoiling. I've read two other mysteries by Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None and The ABC Murders. This mystery falls in between those two from a reading and likability standpoint.