mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
Under Cover of Darkness - Julie E. Czerneda, Jana Paniccia, Esther M. Friesner, Russell Davis, Janny Wurts, Douglas  Smith, Doranna Durgin, Larry Niven, Nick Pollotta, Tanya Huff, Paul Crilley, Janet Deaver-Pack, Stephen Kotowych, Amanda Bloss Maloney, Jihane Noskateb, Darwin A. Garrison Secret societies themed short story collection that proved hit and miss (often the case with anthologies). By far, the best and brightest of the lot, 'The Sundering Star' by Janny Wurts, packed the most punch, and is a surprising science fiction tie-in to her epic fantasy series, Wars of Light and Shadow. Other gems included 'Falling Like the Gentle Rain' by Nick Pollotta, a humorous fast-paced cloak-and-dagger romp with mischievous Masonic machinations. Larry Niven's 'The Gatherer's Guild' poked fun at bureaucratic politics.