mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
Masters of Fantasy - Bill Fawcett, Brian M. Thomsen, Jeff Easlty Average Rating: 3.58 starsBest Bets: 'Child of Prophecy' by Janny Wurts (4.5 stars); 'Shadamehr and the Old Wive's Tale' by Weis and Perrin (4.0 stars); and, 'Serenade' by Alan Dean Foster (3.5 stars). The most confusing story of the bunch for me was 'Afterlife of St. Vidicom of Cathode', and perhaps it's a failing of mine for never reading a novel in Christopher Stasheff's Warlock universe. See my comments attached to my status updates (below) for slightly more information, thoughts and reactions to individual stories. A masterful fantasy collection of short stories in various established universes by well-known authors of the genre. I definitely recommend it to round out your reading repertoire for these authors.