mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
The Gaslight Dogs - Karin Lowachee I mulled over this novel all weekend, avoided writing a review or rating it until I could cogently summarize my reactions. A four star rating in this instance, while warranted, doesn't accurately reflect my feelings. I didn't like this story, but I loved the writing. Vivid, sometimes visceral, yet sparse descriptions etching indelibly my imagination. Canine metaphors aptly placed and finely tuned. On the surface, Gaslight Dogs might represent the clash between the pioneer spirit of exploration, conquest and manifest destiny and the ancient aboriginal desire to preserve, protect and accept the surrounding environment. Lowachee adds a touch of supernatural to the mix with stunning effect.