mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
The Mote in God's Eye - Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle I should read more space opera, especially when written by Niven and Pournelle. The human Empire (Russian in origin, which seemed odd considering in 1974 when first published, the USSR was Communist not Imperialist) has first contact with aliens from a system referred to as "The Mote." Communication is key, but as expected, truth is the first casualty in diplomacy and war. By the time I reached the end, having had bits of both sides of the story, I kept wishing and hoping ... 'if only' the aliens had divulged the truth behind their species' biological problem, I believe, even a militaristic human society would feel compassion for them and strive to solve what the alien's considered unsolvable or impossible or 'Crazy Eddy.'