mossjon

Autumn Adventures

Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne
Progress: 94 %
Stupid History: Tales of Stupidity, Strangeness, and Mythconceptions Throughout the Ages - Leland Gregory 2.5 starsI didn't laugh and I barely smiled. Most of the trivial historic oddities I already knew. A handful were uncommon but in poor taste (I put it down to 'guy humor' and moved on). Very light quick read, perfect for wasting time on a muggy summer evening. Ebook Formatting Critique: I downloaded this book as one of Barnes & Noble's Free Friday offerings for the Nook Color in June 2011. I thought a book published just four years ago, in the 21st century, would have been transferred to electronic format with fewer errors. The errors I cringed upon while reading looked like typical OCR (optical character recognition) errors missed by the software (requiring human intervention) from scanned hard copy. I find that inexcusable since the book most likely existed as an electronic document before printing to paper. Even more inexcusable if these same errors occur in the print book.